Sunday, October 2, 2011

Change

I've been thinking a lot about change these last few days - how change and transitions can be difficult for some of us especially as we get older.  To me travel seems like a low risk way to practice at adapting.  I've made a list of all the ways my life will change in just a few short days.
- from working girl to kept woman
- from sharing a big house with one small black cat to sharing a small two bedroom apartment with two, not going to comment, sized men
- from mountain vistas to CBD
- from my sweet gray coupe to trains and trams
- from perfect fall days to not so perfect early spring days
- from pounds to kilograms
- from northern to southern hemisphere
- from inland desert to coastal mediterranean
- from quail to kookaburra
- from palo verdes to euks
- from uncle sam to her majesty the queen
That's my list and as I typed I got more excited to jump right in!

No comments:

Post a Comment