Friday, September 28, 2012

September 28 - another day exploring.

We explored the area around Aspromonte National Park today and learned that all back roads are not created equal. Especially when ancient hill towns are in the way. I really challenged Wayne's driving skills today! Wish I had pictures of the narrow passage he maneuvered our trusted Alpha Romeo Giulietta through. Up hill through the wall - that 's all I asked - no big deal...


We were taking the back roads to the town of Gerace. It was listed on an Italian website as one of the most picturesque towns in Italy. Here's a view of the road up from above.



Looking down one the lower part of Gerace and the Med beyond.


At least we got a lovely caprese salad after all that stressful driving.



Here's my driving hero, doesn't look too traumatized.



I'll end today's post with a few creative shoots taken along the way.












- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Roccella Ionica,Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment